10 May 2013

Post Script

Blogging twice a week? Ha. Ha. Ha. Pretty sure I owe like 8 blogs...

But, the reason I have blogged less is that I have spent less time on the interwebs - which is good, I think. Well, and the Dullanty tribe has been busy painting our war paint and preparing for battle! Are you ready?

We leave for a two week trip to Chicago on the 27th of this month. Pray for us. Seriously. You've seen the Jurassic Park films, right? Dinosaurs in a closed space - not the brightest idea ever concocted. And yet, we are still attempting this feat by putting Roranicus Rex onto an airplane. And then we will be occupying the guest room of a stranger's home and toting our 9 month old around to missionary training... yah, nothing could go wrong in this scenario. Not.

Ergo, anxiety ad nauseum. No paychecks for two weeks, no space of our own to corral the destroyer, no kitchen for homemade baby food, no hammock, no 500sq ft apartment... deep breath. As I've said, Mark and I live (comfortably) below the poverty line and we make two part time jobs work so we can spend more time with baby and one another - two weeks off is basically financial suicide. Hello, trust in God, I've missed you.

Mark always says worrying isn't my strong suit and it's true. When I worry? It's like an Olympic sport where you just buckle down and make it to the end - even if it kills you. I do better when I'm happy, in the sunshine, laid back, traveling... or in crisis mode. General anxiety does not work on me; the colors are wrong, it drapes in funny places, it whelms.

But missionary training!

I am so excited to be commissioned and begin fundraising. SO EXCITED. Mostly because I feel like we are finally fulfilling our call - I cannot wait to be in the midst of the sunshine and Spanish. Cannotwait.

Our Lost Boy

Do you ever have one of those days where you just seem to be able to accomplish everything you set out to? Me neither. But today I came pretty close. There are still a couple dishes and the floors need mopping, I need to finish the Mother's Day gifts for Sunday and not all the compost is in the new bin, there are clothes to sew and garbage to take out... but those things can all wait until the adorable little bear cudded in my arms wakes. Because this? This is what it's all about.

Sleepy boy

Mark and I are moving towards our nonprocessed lives with our bee hive and hand tools, plans for homemade soap and a hand mill for wheat, sewing machine and natural dyes.

Life is sometimes slow and steady, but sometimes fast and full of rapids. This river moves and it is beautiful. Full of sleepless nights with a teething little boy and warm sun filled days of eating grass and other things. And I am blessed, so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment