17 June 2013

Bonded


Three strings rolled together: Father, Son, Spirit.
Tied at the wrist, a blessing given to one another.
Culturally Thai, bonded in Christ
What a gift,
What a gift.


Marko finds the sweetest ways to affirm who I am. And I am grateful. Rory has a gift of making you laugh just when you're maddest at him. We are beautiful and I thank God for the bonds of our sweet family. "A threefold cord is not easily broken." Another strand can only strengthen what has been given to us.


And I am reminded, each day more and more, that our family is not only three. But millions and billions of brothers and sisters around the world. Connected not by our blood, but by our humanity. Our humanity.


Being back is difficult. But I have my darling family, of three and of the world. And I have these strings to remind me.

"I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember Your wonders."
Psalms 77:11

No comments:

Post a Comment