02 May 2011

Empty Hands

i am afraid of the empty space in my hand
i'd rather it be full
and
if i'm being honest
i know what i'd like to be there
you have a good grip
just not on the situation
your smile is what lights the dim
of four in the morning
i would never like to read minds
especially not yours
but i would like to know
what is sitting upon yours
from your own lips
and not from my own thoughts
you ask me
sometimes
to tell you about things
that i am not ready to tell you
other times i ask you
but that smile graces your lips
i put it there
not always
but more often that not
i treasure the hours
and i like when you tell me things
that you haven't spoken of
in some time
the empty space in my hand
it makes me uncomfortable
i'd rather it be full
and i know what i'd like to be there
you are honest
too honest
it's good for me to know
that people can be too honest
the existence of what i thought imaginary
the last
the last one
well
wasn't honest like i thought
it made me want to keep empty hands
but i miss them being full
i am not sure about the past
i have no idea about the future
then you smile
and i don't have to know
either way

No comments:

Post a Comment