12 June 2010

Six

I am constantly amazed at how simple things can change our lives. Today my mindset was success. I tried my best not to let anything anyone said, any baby fussing, or anything get me down and every time I made a mistake ((I made several, if you ask Eda)) I just took a deep breath and told myself to remember to do it differently next time. Even just that rather than wishing I had done it differently the first time, let me keep my "brilliance" as Eda calls it.

I don't plan. Not 6 months, not 1 year, not 2 years, and certainly not more than that. I do not plan. Why? Partially because I believe in living the moment, partially because plans typically do not pan out for me, and partially because I enjoy not knowing. I like change and I like diversity. It has been pointed out by several people that I should be going to Uni, that I am wasting my potential. And I think somewhere in the back of my mind, I would love to go to Uni and really learn all that I can. But a separate part of me is realizing I have learned far more not going to Uni than I ever would have stuck on a campus or in a city for 4 years of my life. I am learning and growing and having real life experience. Plus I am teaching, helping others grow, and listening to the stories of so many other people. And their stories need to be heard. The people I have met along my journeys are the people many only ever hear about. This is what Uni prepares you for, life. What could a piece of paper possibly have to offer me that the world hasn't already given me in experience? Now, having made that point, I am not opposed to getting a degree. I just can't sit still for four years waiting to get back to the life I already had. I will get there, I will. But for right now, I love my life and the people in it and what I am doing an where I am going and all of it. I love the direction(s) I am headed, what could possibly be wrong with that. I am still challenging myself all the time and growing. What more could I want? This is life and I am living each moment.

"Everyone will tell you you're crazy, even yourself every once in awhile. You just have to look at them straight and say 'Probably.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment