03 January 2011

Just + Hope

Danger, High Voltage Human. My beanie is inside out and my peacoat is cooler than Mister James Dean himself. Don't save me. This one is an adventurer, not a damsel. I'll whisper a secret in your hair, but you'll have no idea what I mean. That's alright, dahling, I'll say it again tomorrow. I'll say it again tomorrow. Paint with brushes that belonged to a real artist and photograph real life. No editing. Your photoshop means nothing to me and I do not understand the word digital. Is morality individual? No, I don't think so. But I don't have the right to judge you if you believe differently, though I might tell you I think you're wrong. Don't speak of that which you don't understand, but how am I to understand if I never speak of it? Do you knot no me? God is moving in your bloodstream, where the cross beats aren't so slow.

Don't tell me "No" when you didn't hear the question. I've gone further towards the end of the world than you'll ever voyage. I've seen the inky black of darkness and I've witnessed unadulterated light. It's more painful than you'd think. More wonderful than you could imagine. Don't lecture me on suffering when the word comes from a language that has never graced your lips, your ears, your heart. There is something that beats within me. Boom. Boom. Pause for a moment and begin again. And what if I were to spell it with an E? Would you still believe these words I have written? Flat and tied, the grass burns easiest when it's dry. I'll play you on repeat until I'm tired and then I will drift silently into rem. Not a word on my lips in a language you know. Je ne parle pour toi. Parlo per qualcosa pui. No creo como tu. But believe me by my actions. I just want to love on people. I am wonderfully and fearfully made. I will not waste that. This life is not about getting to someplace better. But making this place better. Heaven will descend upon us and all will be right. We must work to paint the walls of this sinking ship because, in the end, your life vest isn't enough.

I'll pack a lunch and run for days. I'll see the other end of this universe and no corner of the world will be unknown to me. Not because I believe I have all the answers, but because I know that I do not. It is above, it is beyond me. Just look at the stars! How could you ever believe that you were random chance? Science merely shows me what a wonderful design we were all given. At a cellular level we are just artwork. We were created to create. To worship by putting things back together. To make this world a better place. I'll dance for no reason and I will appreciate each star. We gave them all names, by the grace of God. And the more I learn of the Universe, the more I believe without a doubt at all. To be random would be to be without purpose, to be without function. To merely exist without ever living. Life would mean nothing and morality would not exist. But you are aware, are you not?

Violent sketch upon empty page. Soup of nothing into which there is now Word. I don't know what it means, but I'm pretty sure it's everything. Books, the written word, they remind me of hope. Whether by illustration of what life is, or what it is not. I have great hope in who we are at our cores. Spin me in circles on this merry-go-round until I fall into sweet abyss of wonder. I am full and I could take on more. The cup will overflow and I will be grateful, though perhaps not always. We face a starvation here that will not be quenched by food or drink or knowledge. Break my heart for what breaks your. Imua, imua, imua. I will never stop moving. I'm too much to handle, not enough to suffice, but there is one who loves me and never stops. There is nothing I could ever do to break the bond of unconditional. Have you heard the word? Can you hear the word? Do you know the word?

Iorana. Welcome to existence. I'll break it down via mandolin. Piano strikes a string and you'll hear it softly beneath the surface of your subconscious. I know this thorn well, I pulled it from my vein not but an hour ago. Time does not exist in this, the realm of Truth. Love is only one thing, it may reveal itself in a way you would never expect. Break break break down. Where have you been all this time? The shore makes me look small and my feet are in the sand. Wash over me and teach me something new. I can't promise I'll remember, but you'll probably make a mark. Coral under my toes, salt on my skin, wind whipping steadily by. I'll keep you here in my pocket, I promise. But that's not what you asked of me, is it? I'm not sure. I can't seem to want to remember. Isn't that what it means, can't you tell me what it all means? There it is. Love love love. Repeat. Love love love. Repeat. I won't stop, can't stop. Breathe heartbreak, exhale hope. Drink down the problems of this world and sigh out your wonder, amazement, and joy. I won't stop, can't stop. Shake me head and demand more. Not of you, of me! What might I do to to better bring you joy? "And what you did for the least of these, you did for me" you say again. I know, I have always known.

No comments:

Post a Comment