20 September 2010

Hoopla

"You can get so confused
that you'll start in to race
down long wiggled roads at a break-necking pace
and grind on for miles cross weirdish wild space,
headed, I fear, toward a most useless place.
The Waiting Place...
...for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or the waiting around for a Yes or No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting.
Waiting for the fish to bite
or waiting for the wind to fly a kite
or waiting around for Friday night
or waiting, perhaps, for their Uncle Jake
or a pot to boil, or a Better Break
or a string of pearls, or a pair of pants
or a wig with curls, or Another Chance.
Everyone is just waiting.
NO!
That's not for you!
Somehow you'll escape
all that waiting and staying
You'll find the bright places
where Boom Bands are playing."

I am in the Waiting Place. And I'm not sure when I will escape to bright places where Boom Bands are playing, but I do know that I am happy. I like the green, I like the rain, I like that I am sunburnt even though it is overcast. I do not necessarily like the Waiting Place, but I am finding distractions. Be it referee-ing futbol matches or attending church in a bar, having pity movie dates or taking online classes? I am finding distractions, I am finding escape holes from the Waiting Place.

No comments:

Post a Comment