08 June 2012

Word of the Day

The word for today is "encouraged."

There are so many things I could complain about today. The list is mind numbingly long. But all I can think about is how blessed I am. I am exhausted and so unbelievably busy with a number of things I still need to accomplish, but all of the things on that list? Are things that I don't mind doing, that actually kind of bring me joy. Each thing in my life that should make me tired, just fills my spirit up a little more. I also haven't seen or spoken to my husband all day, which is far too long. This week has not been conducive for us to spend time together and I miss him! But I get to spend all day tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday with him and we a realizing our dreams of living in the dirt. I have gained far too much weight to feel even the slightest bit attractive, but I have a beautiful and active critter growing inside of me who already lights up my life. There are so many people who keep putting my idea of going on mission down with snide comments and the upturned noses. But there are so many others who so fully support that idea, even if they aren't Christian!

I am so undeniably blessed and my life is just one sloppy wet kiss, you know the kind - when you're not sure if that was a good thing and, yet, you are. I got to hang out with some 10-15 students today and help them make learning fun. I had the opportunity to really share and connect with my parents this afternoon while my daddy played his guitar. I came home to a clean home and a love letter waiting up on the computer for me from my dearling husband. Tomorrow I get to continue getting my house ready for a tiny little one with my husband and then go to a family baby shower. Sunday I have to chance to hangout with my husband and two people I absolutely adore and I am so lucky to be involved in their lives while we chat about missions, Church, and God.

I am so encouraged.

By the little boy I helped read this morning. By the teacher who told me I was such a gift with kids. By the two wonderful women I had the opportunity to shadow this week, teaching me that ELL isn't always an awful and demanding subject. By the little girl I taught how to say "300" this afternoon. By kindergardeners who ask me how to spell. By hugs from little ones and waves from those too shy to hug. By my dad's guitar playing. By the book my mother gave me in support of my love of mission work, even though it breaks her heart that we will be so far away. By the loving and open conversations we are able to have. By the pennies I am earning as a freelance writer. By the absolute provision in our life, despite when we face monetary issues. By the email from Africa. By the voicemail from my best friend. By the love letter from my husband. By the kicks and somersaults in my abdomen. By the 30 minutes of yoga. By my excitement to write, whether here or for Yahoo! or in my journals or Dust Book. By my clean house. By each and every moment, whether good, bad, or mundane because I know that each of those moments are making up my life!

Today, I am encouraged.

No comments:

Post a Comment